Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hip to be Square

So what have I been up to on the topic of knitting these last two weeks?

SQUARES




I have been busting my butt knitting square after square for the Barn - Raising Quilt aka. The Friendship Blanket. The pattern is in the book titled, Knitalong by Larissa Brown. Several of the girls have decided that each of us will knit a square with a yarn that says something about ourselves. Such as favorite color, favorite yarn, etc. We will then get together and trade our squares. So you knit one square per person. I love the idea. I have to make 9 - 10 squares. The plan is to trade them this weekend. So I have been burning the midnight oil trying to get them done. I have three more to go. Cross your fingers.



I am using Red Rocks Fiber Works - Snowmass Sock yarn in the colorway PUNK. Why did I choose this yarn to represent KellyGirl? I love punk rock. I love the colors pink, grey and black together. I also at one point had my hair dyed in exactly these colors. So it was pretty much a given.



Here I am working on a square at the Denver Art Museum.


Here I am working on a square on the Light Rail.



One down, many more to go.


Five...

Six...



Here I am working on another square while sitting in my car waiting for my hair appointment. Now that is determination!




I am crawling towards the finish line.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

I LOVE them...and can't wait to get one for my "friendship" afghan!! Whoo hoo, way to go Kelly! I love the shot of you knitting in the new bug! :)

Anonymous said...

I just bought that book for my birthday because of the barn raising afghan, even though I have no one to knit with! Your squares look nice, Kelly, and I love the reasoning behind the colors. A nice friend of mine gave me some pretty sock yarn and I wanted to use it, so I thought it would look good in a 'ghan. Don't know when I will start. Not as if i haven't any friends here...they just are not crafty!

nillakitty said...

Wow those look addictive! That colorway is gorgeous, too...

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I love your squares! and the yarn is lovely! I'm definitely going to have to get myself a book and learn to do this!
Anna
(a.k.a annaboo2006)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your squares look great and I LOVE the color!!! So glad I now have a "Kelly" square for my blanket :D