Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Youth Gone Wild

I had a nice post all lined up today complete with pictures. However that all went out the window when I looked out my back door to see three young girls pulling their pants down and waving to the passing cars and trucks. I thought about saying something but instead stood with my mouth hanging open. I was going to call the police and let them come and put the fear of God into them. While I stood there weighing my options I saw one girl pulled her pants down again, bend over and touch her toes and wave to the Fed Ex truck that went by. I lost it. I lost my mind. I got in my car and drove around to where they were only to see them running down the hill. Not a problem. I circled back to catch them in the court at the end of my street. Gotcha!! Come to find out they are 12 years old. I am sick to my stomach. After a 20 minute lecture from me and several tears and apologies from them I decided to walk away. That was until one of them who was the wise ass of the group decided to piss me off. She said she was taking my license plate number down so she could report me not only to her parents but to the police for harassing them. I told her I had some paper and a pen in my car and I would be glad to write down my info for her to give to the parents and the police. When I turned to get said paper and pen the tears began to flow once again. I then stood and lectured for another 10 minutes on the art of keeping our mouths shut when an adult is talking to us. God am I really THAT person. An adult? YUK. When did that happen? When did kids become so damn rude!? Long story made short I told wise ass she could call me every name in the book when I drove away until then keep your mouth shut and listen to what I am telling you. I told them next time it is not going to be a concerned female that pulls up in a car. It is going to be a person that sees three girls with their pants down and thinks it is their lucky day. The wise ass basically shut up at this point. They were told that if I saw them around here again with their pants off I was calling the police. Who in turn would be more than happy to give them a ride home and chat with their parents.

I have a headache now and must go lay down.

11 comments:

Stacey said...

Good grief...that is insane and seriously disturbing. I think that it's awesome that you chewed them out! Way to go Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Kelly~I cannot tell you how disturbing this is to me, not only as a mother, but as a female, as a citizen who has learned a thing or two in a near half century. Do these young girls know how fortunate they are that you are not some kind of sicko pervert? Sorry, but you know what I mean...

wildflower38 said...

Those girls are insane! Good for you putting them in their place.

Lothlorian said...

Kelly, all power to you! Well done! I think though what worries me is that I am NOT all that surprised and that to me says a lot about the world we live in, its a world were little girls in particular are taught that the should dress like little adults, wear make up, pierce things and dye their hair all before they are anywhere near their teens. Thats the saddest part to me, they behave like this because they see such things on TV and parents arent doing enough to say no you cant wear that/go there/drink that. As a parent I find it very scary, and I wish there were more people like you around. x

Kim said...

I commend you on trying to make them hear the voice of reason--there aren't many people who would care enough to do that. It's really scary to think about the lack of respect they have not only for adults but also for themselves.

Sometimes I truly weep for the future.

Iron Needles said...

Good for you for taking the time and effort to be the person who cares in a world where there is very little of that anymore.

Twelve? Sheesh...

5elementknitr said...

Oh. My. Dog!

Those girls just make me sad. But it makes me happy that you cared enough to go set them straight.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Yikes, that is just ridiculous!! They are really lucky (even if they don't realize it right now) that you are the person who went out there and talked to them! Good for you for trying to help them!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, as one who knows firsthand the horror of sexual abuse, I thank you for putting the fear of God into those girls. I hope it stays there. I hope this incident made its way to their parents. You absolutely did the right thing; you could have gotten even harsher with them and it would not have been going overboard. Thank you and God bless you (on behalf of those little girls).

Me7of11 said...

You ROCK! Thank you for taking the time to let those children know their actions were unaccepatable...both the mooning and the back-talk. How many people witnessed those actions, and said nothing? Three Cheers for Kelly Girl!

Mary-Kay said...

Woah... Good for you. As a mother of two little girls, one a year younger than those you talked about, I would HOPE that 1. My girls would NEVER do that, and 2. Someone like you is around if the little buggers EVER do something like that. I hate to think what could have happened.

EXCELLENT job.